Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lavender Essential Oil

                                   Tonight reminded me!

         Lavender, I want to teach you guys a little about Lavender Essential oil. Lavender essential oil has a very calming effect. It can ether be in hailed out of your hands, Defused, Taken internally and Topically. I am pretty sure I use it the most topically.  So not is it only calming for adults that my have anxiety or stress issues, Or a infant with a upset stomach.  The beauty of DoTERRA essential oils  is that they are safe fore everyone. , EVEN INFANTS..... You can dilute the oils with fractionated coconut oil to avoid skin sensitivity. For infant upset stomach, I would just put FCO and Lavender on my hands and rub on the baby's tummy.. Very natural and known to help colic tremendously..
     
  On another note, Lavender oil is also good for reducing inflammation as well as treating a burn...  Ow and I have a story about that one. So my 13 yr old son Got burn by the exhaust of his motor bike, on his knee... Pretty big burn Prob. like 2.5 inches by like 4inch burn... He came to me, And I grabbed the bottle of lavender . I didn't want to rub it because it hurt , so I put a bit in my hand and just kind of cupped my hand on it . holding the oils there to absorb.. Just a few moments. till he said it was OK. You know how boys do, once its not quite as bad and they can handle it now.. "like  OK mom I think its OK " . Well it never did puff up like normal burns do and. once again I forgot to take a picture.. :)... 
          Ow so back to the reason tonight reminded me of lavender oil, is because tonight my 4 year old was a little more rowdy than normal. So when I wanted her to get ready for bed. I had her help me put lavender on her feet and I put it on the back of her neck... About 15 min later. Out ... No Questions asked and snoring... I love lavender... It definitely does wonders fore sleeping . also very very good to calm someone that has panic attacks and smelling and defusing lavender has been known to help lower blood pressure...   
    I really hope this can help some of you... I know I love being able to take the place of something , with something natural... Any Questions Contact Me
                                                                                                Till next time.. Talk to you soon..                                                             
. Brook Robles198712

1 comment: